Research and Training Department
- To make research on excavation of archaeological site and excavated findings of
Prehistoric period and historic period, and Myanmar culture and custom of nationalities.
- To compile and read out the research papers in the symposium.
- To make research and preserve the stone inscription and ancient calligraphies.
- To copy, record and preserve the various inscriptions.
Conservation of Myanmar Cultural Heritage Department
- To implement the policies of preservation of the ancient cultural heritage set by the State.
- To implement the plans and projects of the preservation of cultural heritage especially sectional and regional area.
- To record and publish the preservation of ancient monuments and edifies.
- To preserve the immovable cultural heritage including mural paintings, stucco carvings, stone carvings, as well as wood carvings by means of scientific methods
- To preserve the collective items including the important documents, rare books, palm-leaf manuscripts, stone inscriptions by means of modernized scientific methods.
- To collect and compile the research papers of the preservation and conservation of cultural heritage.
- To cooperate with the international experts in the field of excavation and preservations works.