Untitled Document
WOWSlider generated by WOWSlider.com
NAV.php
National Museum
National Library
Regional Museum
Cultural Museum & Library
The National Museum was first opened in June 1952 at the Jubilee Hall Building on Shwedagon Pagoda Road, Yangon. It was shifted to and opened at 24/26 Pansoda Street Building on 8 February 1970.Now the National Museum is located at No.66/74 Pyay Road , Dagon Township, that was opened on 18 September 1996.
The National Library was established in 1952. In 1962 the library moved to the 2nd and 3rd floor of a small building on the Pansodan Street. Then in 1965 it moved to the Municipal Building again. In 1984 the library moved to the 1st and 2nd floor of the six storeyed building, on the Strand Road. At present the National Library is located at the Corner of Lay- daung – kan Road and East Myin – paying –Kwin Road, Tarmwe Township, Yangon.

© 2012 Department of Archaeology, National Museum and Library. All Right Reserved. (Beta Version)